Social Media Specialist
Better Markets (www.bettermarkets.com) is a non-profit, non-partisan, and independent organization founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis to promote the public interest in the financial markets, support the financial reform of Wall Street and make our financial system work for all Americans again.
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of social media experience working in a non-profit, PR agency, government or in a corporate setting. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, a proficiency with digital platforms and graphic design, and can build a social media strategy and an in-depth knowledge of social media trends and best practices. They should be a proven multitasker with a keen attention to detail, and can work creatively and quickly in a fast-paced atmosphere to meet tight deadlines.
- The Social Media Specialist works directly with and reports to the Communications Director.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and audience engagement metrics
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections, encourages audience to act and raises awareness
- Design graphics and create social media content that builds a strong and active online presence for the organization
- Integrate the organization’s communications strategy across all digital platforms including Better Markets’ website and social media accounts
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Maintain the Better Markets and SOR website
- Prepare news clips for distribution
- Write and distribute press statements, advisories, newsletters, op-eds and other materials as needed
- Duties as assigned and/or special projects
- Expertise in planning and implementing social media strategies for business
- Three years or more of experience with social media posting on Facebook and Twitter
- One year of social media posting for a business or organization
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Experience in graphic design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, New media or relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under tight deadlines
- Experience working on financial reform desired, but not required
Better Markets is an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter, resume and a writing sample to email@example.com.