General Summer Intern
Better Markets (www.bettermarkets.com) is a non-profit, non-partisan, and independent organization founded in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis to promote the public interest in the financial markets, support the financial reform of Wall Street and make our financial system work for all Americans again.
The candidate should be a current junior, senior, or recently graduated undergraduate student with interest in financial reform, excellent research, writing and oral communications skills, and great digital and social media skills. We offer a professional work environment in downtown Washington D.C. This is a great opportunity to learn about important policy issues, effective communications and public relations strategies.
- Perform research as requested
- Filing as requested
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases
- Update the Better Markets website, including video and audio files postings
- Maintain Better Markets social networking sites (including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube)
- Perform general office duties
- Strong work ethic
- Initiative, good attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in web-based technology, experience with web design a plus
- Excellent research, writing and organizational skills
- Proficiency in use of Courtlink and Lexis
- Proficiency use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle assigned tasks efficiently
- Familiarity with basics of financial reform a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus
- Prior office experience useful but not required
Better Markets is an equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter, resume and a writing sample to the attention of Kimberly Thomas at email@example.com.